Monday 31 May 2010

Oh my - I have spent a whole day in the garden, hedge trimming, digging weeding planting & tidying.  I ache everywhere.  The garden is looking better, there is still a long way to go but it is definitely better.  We normally tackle most of the heavy work during the Easter break but the weather just wasn't playing ball at Easter.  Why is it whenever I cut back the bushes with the hedge trimmer my arms give up the will to live?  At lunchtime, after the morning gardening session, I couldn't even lift up my drink because my arms were so weak.  At last I have got some summer bulbs in, albeit a bit late, my peas are in and I have at least got some tomatoes in, more to come though. 
In the middle of this, DD dropped some of her revision files on her finger and shattered a nail, the whole neighbourhood heard the screaming.   As she is going out this evening I had to find the time to repair her nail.  Actually it was a bit of a relief as it gave me a chance to sit down for a while.  Only son was very selective about the type of help he was willing to give; for which read "not a lot" although he did eventually decide to mow the lawns.
Our garden is very small but we do manage to pack a lot into it.  Flower beds, pond, seating area, patio, large strawberry patch (because they took over) and various veggie areas.  Usually in our small garden we grow, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, salad onions, potatoes, french beans, peas, dessert apples, cooking apples, herbs and whatever else takes our fancy.




These photos are from a couple of years ago but they give a pretty fair representation of what our little patch of green looks in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment