Saturday 29 May 2010

God's plan for me

I just read a post on a blog by someone who seems to be fairly young but with a wonderful blog title (http://theplanshehasforme.blogspot.com/2010/04/for-season.html) and a lot of sense.  Kassi I just loved your comments on relationships and the fact that some people come into our lives just for a season and although sometimes we hang on by our fingernails, when their purpose in our lives is done God moves them on.  I would just add that their purpose in our lives can sometimes be that we have a purpose in their lives.  It is God, our heavenly father who plans and completes the purposes of our lives.

If not for God's perfect plan for my life, I could well be still trying to avoid a man who I found so irritating at times that I tried very hard not to be near on the few occasions when our paths crossed.  That would be such a pity as we have been happily married for the last 23 years.  God arranged for our paths to cross literally and for a very long way - 20 miles in fact.   He joined our young people's bible study group on Saturday evenings and when we arranged a long walk he came along.  A group of around 20 - 30 people walking can split into much smaller groups over a distance  as people walk at different speeds.  Our group was no exception and we split into several groups, each of which splintered into smaller groups.  We were with a group of about 8 people but the two of us were deep in conversation and when we turned around after another couple of miles they were nowhere in sight.  On that 20 mile walk I learned that his awkwardness was due to deep seated shyness and that once his reserve was broken through he was a lovely man.  When we reached our destination we discovered the reason that we had walked so many miles alone; the rest of the group we were walking with had found a bus stop in a village we passed through, and on discovering from the timetable posted there that there was a bus due, had opted to take a ride for the rest of the way.  As for me - I knew that my journey with this man was not going to end in Whitby.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dawn! I'm glad my words touched someone else's life. And thank you for sharing your story. It's a constant struggle to live in the present but to realize that sometimes God's ways aren't made clear until the future. Hence the blog title ;)

    ReplyDelete