Monday 20 June 2011

Work and Exams

Gosh - so long since I posted.  In my last post I mentioned that I had got a job but that it was having detrimental effects on my knees and feet.  Sadly those detrimental effects got much worse and eventually I had to heed medical advice to give it up.  My right knee was becoming so painful and swollen that it was almost impossible to stand on it at all.  I had a course of Ostenil injections which gave me one week of blessed relief - or could that have been down to the fact that I was off work for a week.  They should have given me a lot more weeks of relief but unfortunately the damage is too severe and I am now awaiting a knee replacement operation.
In addition to that the standing on my feet meant that my arches dropped and I now have flat feet, which means that my feet have spread and I now need shoes a size larger - not good news when you already take a size 8.


Nothing much has changed in our lives, work is still an issue.  I am struggling to find something I can do which isn't affected by my knee and my husband is still on temporary contracts, although the current one is for 6 months.  He is working in London (but not the job he went for in all that snow - they didn't even get back to him - so rude!)  and only gets home every other weekend and sometimes not even that. We don't want to complain though - it is work after all.   


Over the last few weeks we have been suffering examination fever - my son has been doing his GCSEs and my daughter had her last 1st year examination at university this morning.  Thank goodness they can both relax now.  My son - my baby - has now left school - where did the time go?   Now we have the long wait to August for his results.  Fortunately Beth will get her results within a couple of weeks.  In the meantime Christopher has his prom in a couple of weeks, his tux is hired and shoes bought, now all we have to do is get his hair cut - major event!  He looks so wonderful in his tux - it does a mother's heart good to see him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment