Tuesday 21 June 2011

A quick catch up

I had forgotten how long ago I started this blog - I think I thought it was sometime last autumn but having looked back I see it was in May and so many things which I blogged about back then have moved on.  My daughter was taking her A Levels, hoping to secure a place at university and she has now just about finished her first year at university.  My son headed into Year 11 and GCSEs and has now finished them and has left school.  The anniversary of my great-nephew's death has been and gone and today is the anniversary of his funeral.  The pain doesn't get any easier for his parents and siblings but life goes on and they have to do so too.  Back in August my daughter went off at short notice to help out at camp and she loved it so much that she is planning on heading there again this year.  She was sharing a tent with another girl who it turned out was already at Lancaster University which was a great blessing to her as it meant that when she arrived at university she already knew someone.  Next year they are even sharing a house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment