Tuesday 31 August 2010

Last day of August

It has been such a beautiful day here, sunny and bright but not oppressively hot.  Typical post bank holiday weather.  Just as everyone goes back to work the sun comes out.
I was cogitating about what I should cook this evening.  I had decided on salad but it was what to go with it.  Eventually after discussion with my daughter I decided to do a Spanish omelette.  That would have been great but looking through the veggie rack I discovered that I had no onions.  Oh well back to plan B, cheese souffle.  I really like cheese souffle and I don't find it as much of a palaver as some people seem to think it is.  I was showing my daughter how to do it but I am not convinced that it is something she will be cooking when she gets to university.  Oh yes - I paid the deposit on her university accommodation this morning so she will definitely be going.  She leaves us in 32 days, not that she is counting or anything! 
School should start again tomorrow but we have some INSET days so my son will not be back until next Monday.  Now THAT is coming up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment