Monday 1 April 2013

Last railway hiccup - I hope

Beth landed at Manchester at around midday and headed for the railway station.  I phoned as she was arriving there, to see what time to expect her, she kept moving all the time we were talking but even so there was a sudden cry of - "that's my train just pulling out!"  followed by a rant about the extra numbers of people travelling on Easter Monday - mostly that the majority seemed to be moving slowly with no real intent or purpose, who had all slowed her down.  (!)  Anyway I decided if she can sort herself out in foreign railway stations, English ones should be no challenge to her, so I said "see you later" and left her to it.
I picked her up from our station at about half past three and my goodness do we know she is here!  The contents of her rucksack are spread all across the sitting room floor, and she has gone off to Tesco to investigate the Ben & Jerry's.  I think it is going to be a heavy laundry week as everything she took with her now needs washing, including what she came home in.  She was drinking a J20 just as the plane hit turbulence and she ended up wearing the majority of it.smiley: roll  I should think we will just about get everything sorted before she flies off back to Germany at the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment