Wednesday 27 March 2013

Further tribulations of the traveller

OK so yesterday seemed to go well for my only child of the female persuasion.  By that I mean that I didn't get any phone calls demanding my help.  That was yesterday ...

By 8.20 this morning I had had three phone calls.  Admittedly I had missed two of them.  On the third occasion she rang on the land line to say that intermittent internet connection was once again causing problems.  She had had an email from the hostel she is booked into in Rome advising her that she needed to contact them urgently otherwise she would lose her booking.   It is Easter week in Rome after all and they could have let her place many times over.  The city is usually packed out out over Easter and  I imagine the (Catholic) world and his wife want a chance  to glimpse the new pope etc.  Not surprisingly the hostel wanted a deposit for her dorm bed.  The trouble was that she had managed to get a glimpse of the email but the internet connection wouldn't stay long enough for her to deal with it, so Mum needed to sort things out.  I managed to text her their phone number, email them to say that she would be in touch and provide the usual reassurances.
Later I got an email from the hostel to say that she had been in touch by phone and all was well.  I wonder what is coming my way next...

No comments:

Post a Comment