Monday 28 June 2010

Heat confusion

Yesterday was supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far.  It was certainly hot enough to make me feel faint, but today seems to be even hotter, so what on earth possessed me to decide to make jam this afternoon?  And why did I decided to plant out the seedlings which have been waiting for weeks for me to get to it?  Would they curl up and die if I waited until the sun has gone down this evening?  Probably.
Despite having made jam I have told my offspring that I am not cooking this evening, whatever we eat will be cold, I flat refuse to put the oven on.

Days like this are only fit for catching up on all the cards I am way behind on and prepping my next session for my SEAL group.  (SEAL = Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning)   I did make a card this morning which has to arrive for Wednesday morning, so I wasn't cutting it fine or anything

not really.


I enjoyed making it once I got the initial idea in my head.  I prepared a paper basket to fill with pressed flowers, cut out a small label and added the recipient's name to the handle of the basket.   That got me thinking and I went out into the garden to cut some more flowers for my flower press, once out there one thing led to another, and that is how I ended up filling tubs with compost, to transplant seedlings, in the midday sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment